Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cisco ccna certification the importance of the osi model


Cisco CCNA Certification: The Importance Of The OSI Model


Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933, tells CCNA candidates why they need to know the OSI model, and that it's not just for the exams!


ccna, ccnp, free, pass, exam, cisco, certification, computer, mcse, ccie, chris, bryant


There's nothing I enjoy more than teaching Cisco technologies, especially CCNA candidates. Whether it's in-person or online, everyone's excited to be there. There's a sense of anticipation in the air, and everyone is ready to work hard, get their hands on the racks of Cisco routers and switches I
have available...

... and then I break out the OSI model chart. Chins slump. People sigh, or at least wish they hadn't ordered decaf that morning.

Okay, it's not that bad. But it does temper the excitement a little. I always get a sense of "why can't we just hurry up and get on the routers and switches? Why do we have to learn this dry stuff?"

One reason is that Cisco demands you know the OSI model inside and out for both the Intro and ICND exams. You have to admit that's a pretty good reason, but still, students find the OSI model information to be very dry.

I understand that, because I've been there. My first exposure to th

 



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment